Volla Phone identical to Gigaset GS290?

• @makeixo I need to say another thing. Maybe I already own a Gigaset GS290 and maybe I'd like to try it with UT.
    Why shouldn't I ask in such a case?
    Instantly calling me acting unfair isn't right.

And I'm just a user who isn't that deep in that thing. I even don't know if the port has been made by Volla or UBPorts. The letter case would make it legitimate.

But concerning your and my last post, I assume, the port has been done by Volla and knowing that, I would definitely support them since I also want UT and similar approaches to succeed.

I just want to make clear, that I support UT since years (I got 5 devices by now running UT) and I didn't mean to corrupt that in any way.

• Ah okay, well in that case I think you should ask Volla directly. Maybe it works, they give you an image and you donate some euros in return. This way both sides would benefit.

I just see the risk if it works, that many would buy a GS290 for 200 € and flash the image for free, while Volla has done the work.

• @jojuma I had a similar question about OP1 and OPPO Find 7A, they are also two identical phones, Universalsuperbox said that you still needed to port Ubports to both phones, I am not that technical so I didn't ask anymore questions about it, for the record I don't own a OP1 or the OPPO Find 7A. I just asked because it would benefit Ubports to be on as many phones as possible.

• @jojuma Volla phone comes also with a signed back cover case and an improved battery (Compared with GS290).
    Moreover, Gigaset produces this special version for Hallo Welt (Volla). There might be other small differences.

• @jojumaxx Important things with Gigaset:

• You probably will not have access to fastboot.
    • They don't give the stock rom then you'll have a problem if you want revert the phone to Android.

Best regards.

• With the Volla phone you get:

• slightly better battery (5000 mAh instead of GS290's stock 4700 mAh)
    • sleeker styling
    • a company that supports, develops and invests in a de-Googled AOSP based version of Android, ports of Ubuntu Touch and Sailfish OS, and a multi-OS boot loader.

Best regards,
    Steve Berson

• @jojumaxx You should edit the topic title for user searching the forum : "villa" > "volla" 🙂

• @Keneda said in Villa Phone identical to Gigaset GS290?:

@jojumaxx You should edit the topic title for user searching the forum : "villa" > "volla" 🙂

Yes right, but how? I can only find options to edit the posts but not the topic...

• I purchased a Volla Phone on Indiegogo. Looking forward to delivery 😊

• @jojumaxx
    Hi, I just edited the title for you.
    When you edit the first post, the topic title can be modified.

• @AppLee Thanks, good to know how it's done