I am very interested in using Ubuntu Touch (I think my name gives that away).
I hope I will get vital informations at this forum. Please, no matter how difficult my questions are - don't be mad at me!
I am a regular user, but the reason I started thinking about Ubuntu Touch is because I understood as escape from Google-based Android.
What do I need my phone for? Mostly, for the following:
- Messaging (WhatsApp/Telegram)
- YouTube player
Questions about safety/privacy:
- Is my understanding correct that Ubuntu Touch is "Google-free in terms of its background services etc?
- Does Ubuntu Touch have included phone call recording application OR do developers plan to release such app OR is there any way to record phone calls?
I know that this has been already mentioned e.g. here
is there any way I could help the community in developing such app? Its very, very much needed by me!
Questions about compatibility:
- My phone is not listed here https://devices.ubuntu-touch.io/. Can I still install this OS or I must buy one of those phones?
Questions about apps:
I might need to use SOME android-only apps once in a while, so:
- Is it possible to run Android apps on Ubuntu Touch?
- Is it possible to install Android OS along Ubuntu Touch and choose the OS in startup menu?
Other questions about apps:
- I see that Uber app is not available at https://open-store.io - is it planned to be developed?
.. help highly appreciated, but I will also accept criticism!