Also, it would be amazing if someone could port KDE connect (or GSConnect).
Best posts made by branja6
Latest posts made by branja6
RE: A couple of questions about this device
@emphrath thank you so much for answering all the questions!
From everything you've written, I've decided to save more money and get an Xperia instead of a Pixel. In order to use it as a daily driver, it has to fulfill all the basic things and still be able to last through a day (and a half).
A couple of questions about this device
Hey, folks. My initial desire was to buy Sony Xperia 10 III and install Sailfish OS on it, but they are a bit pricey in the country that I live in.
I am thinking of purchasing one of these devices (Pixel 3a or 3a XL) and trying UT on it.
I have a few questions about the general usage since it would be my daily driver.
- What is it like using the device on a regular basis?
- How reliably do Android apps run via Waydroid?
- Can one get notifications for Android apps if they continue running in the background (mainly Viber and Facebook Messenger, I'd use native apps for Telegram and Signal)?
- Would it be possible to use Google camera or one of its ports through Waydroid?
- Is it reasonable to expect that VoLTE will be supported on UT in the future?
- Does adblocking still works via uAdBlock app?
Thanks in advance,
RE: Ubuntu Touch Music Player won't detect my Music
I had the issue of the sd card not mounting at all on my Poco F1. This has helped me. You can try it out. https://askubuntu.com/questions/95391/how-do-i-mount-an-sd-card
RE: A question about porting a Messenger app
@applee The first app doesn't actually work. I'm using the other two apps (both are amazing) but the UI doesn't look (or have the same functions) as the Messenger app. The app which I posted definitely looks and behaves like FB Messenger but you can't receive any notifications yet.
But I understand what you are saying about it being a webapp.
Scratch everything I said. I've found it in the settings of the app to switch to a desktop mode and it's the thing I was looking for. Thank you.